3_practice_areas7PROBATIONVIOLATIONProbation or Community Control Violations
Many individuals who have been convicted of a crime know that the legal process does not end after receiving their criminal sentences. Especially if part of their sentence requires a period of probation or community control.

Often, people are required to follow strict probation guidelines that limit their freedom and their rights. At Ron L. Baum, P.A., I have represented numerous clients in probation and community control proceedings throughout South Florida.

Whether you have violated the terms of your supervision or would like to seek modification of your existing probation terms, contact me at my Fort Lauderdale office.  I offer free initial consultations to all new clients and will make myself available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

I can assist you with the following:

  • Probation violations
  • Violations of community control
  • Modifications of existing probation terms
  • Seeking Early Termination of Your Probation

In certain circumstances, we may be able to petition the court to seek an early termination of your probation. During your hearing, the court will look at all factors to determine if early termination is appropriate.

These factors may include the length of probation already served and whether you complied with all special conditions (for example, the completion of an anger management course, payment of restitution, drug counseling, etc).

If we cannot terminate your supervision, then we may be able to modify some of its terms. Such modifications could include the freedom to allow you to travel while on probation or possibly to convert the remainder of your community control to probation, or to convert the remainder of your probation to administrative probation.